Redefining Health Physical Therapy is committed to providing the highest quality of care, therefore, we are an out-of-networks practice and offer cash-based physical therapy treatments. This is a fancy way of saying we collect payment at the time of service and provide a special receipt for those seeking reimbursement through insurance.
This allows us to provide the best hands-on care from our registered physical therapists at every session, which is typically 60-75 minutes long. With this long-session, one-on-one treatment approach, the plan of care for the vast majority of our patients only involves one appointment per week, vs. the typical in-network practice where you have 2-3 appointment each week at $25-$50 co-pay or 20-30% coinsurance per appointment. When you consider the time you will save with having fewer appointments and the value of higher quality care, the out-of-pocket expense at Redefining Health is a great trade.
Things to consider:
You may be eligible for reimbursement through your insurance company.
- Check with your insurance to see what your in network and out of network benefits are for outpatient physical therapy.
- If you have a coinsurance due for each visit, ask your in network PT provider what they charge your insurance for a PT visit. To stay afloat PT providers artificially inflate pricing due to poor reimbursements by insurance companies. Unfortunately this means your co-insurance will be a portion of an artificially inflated rate usually $200+/visit.
- Regarding your deductible for in network coverage, ask your insurance what percentage of your treatments will be paid to the PT company. If you have not met your deductible and you are using an in network provider the amount you are paying may not be the amount that goes toward your deductible. Insurance often only applies the amount that they have agreed is reasonable for your PT sessions which is far less than the amount the PT clinic actually charges.
- If you have met your deductible, ask your in network PT provider how much your copays or coinsurance will be? Ask how many times per week the average patient is asked to come in for treatment.
- Consider the quality of care you’ll be receiving at your various options, and how much value you place on receiving higher-quality, one-on-one hands on care from a Physical Therapist rather than a PT Assistant (PTA) or an unskilled Tech.
- Consider how often you’ll be missing work and/or time with family to attend your PT sessions at a clinic. Again, you can ask any prospective clinic how many times per week their average patient is asked to come in for treatment. And remember, we come to you!
Health is wealth and is worthy to invest in. Partnering with an out of network provider ensures top quality care without dictations by insurance. We look forward to partnering with you to overcome whatever health obstacle you are struggling with. Give us a call and request an appointment to start your journey to pain-free living today.
Physical Therapy services are $190.00 per hour. Initial visits are a minimum of 1.5 hours and include a full history, evaluation and initial treatment.?
Travel charges apply for distances greater than 25 miles one way from our base of operations in NW Portland, Oregon
Wellness and Fitness Services – Call for details.